Secondly, users must choose a Custom ROM to install to your device, depending on the features they would want to have with that ROM. For a detailed look at the advantages provided by a download the firmware from here. custom ROM, users can have a look at our article on the advantages of flashing custom ROMs. The smartphones of today are all about providing options along with convenience to the user. Android undeniably rules the list Smartphone Operating Systems due to the choices it provides, and sets benchmarks for other Mobile Operating Systems to breach in the field. One of the primary additional feature of an Android device is its ability to allow it’s users to flash new custom ROMs.
The handset runs stock Android 9.0 Pie out of the box, starts at 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, and Zeiss optics for front and rear cameras. It’s fueled by a 3500mAh battery and has fast charging support. Mi A3 is the third Android One or stock Android phone from Xiaomi. Going by early 2021 standards, the Mi A3 can be termed as a compact and light phone.
- While it may not boast of the plethora of features and customization features that other ROMs offer, Paranoid Android or PA, does promise a soothing user experience overall.
- Here, we’ll use the Script Manager app to make a backup on Android.
- Before you install any GCam on your phone, you may like to see what kind of images people have captured on their Android smartphones.
- Downloading the GCam APK is a great way to enhance your camera experience on your Android device.
- On versions without a setting, it needs to be changed by the modder.
- Because, sometimes bad things happens while flashing the custom ROMs that’s why it is highly recommended/advised to get a proper backup of Stock ROM.
Let us know about your favorite ROM in the comments section below. The ROM is very similar to OxygenOS and brings a lot of customizability options to the point that you might feel overwhelmed. The ROM recently updated its source code for Android 13. Among the custom ROMs, Xtended is one of the few to have support for a long list of devices. Personally, I feel Xtended has too many features and if you like feature-packed ROMs then you can definitely give it a try. While Google’s AOSP is barebones, LineageOS gives it a sense of customizability while maintaining stability.
I have tested it Sony Xperia phone, which running the latest CyanogenMod 9.1 ROM and it works without any issue. But Photosphere camera mode requires a gyroscope sensor. Since Google phones don’t support sd cards, Google Camera doesn’t have a setting to save photos and videos to external storage. In practice, this setting seems to improve quality on some devices, but it’s not available on all GCam versions or on all phones. It’s up to you to test and see if you can see any differences.
Motion Photos is a feature that records a small video every time you take a picture, allowing you to see what was happening before/after you took the picture. To see the picture/video, open the photo using Google Photos (you might have to click play/stop on the top right corner). Using a file manager/explorer app, click on the .apk and follow the instructions. If you need help, see the how to install an apk file guide.